Monday, January 28, 2008

First Hard Cycle Finished!


So, we have finished our first 3 week hard build cycle! I have to say, being a veteran in this whole triathlon thing makes all the training 100 times easier...I know I will finish! And I actually think I will do well! What a difference! :) My goal is to place in the top 10 for my Athena division...hopefully this is do-able.

This past weekend was the honored teammate picnic...no, not an outdoor picnic...but indoors at George Mason High School somewhere in VA. It was really nice to hear from fellow teammates about why they are training, either to honor or in memory of a patient. It was really inspiring.

Yesterday, I had one of my best runs yet in Rock Creek Park. It was a beautiful afternoon and I felt pretty warmed up after a morning swim and some yummy omelettes courtesy of Chef Ted Eastwick. I ran about 6 miles in 60 minutes--woohoo! To make it even more picturesque, there were some horseback riders on the trail. Lovely.

Psyched for an easy week this week!

No comments: